30 Days To Better Self-Care
Fall is a great time to swing back into a routine. Take some time this season to get your life organized and feel your best.
Here are ideas for 30 days to better self-care that go beyond a day at the spa:
- Challenge yourself to drink more water. (Here are some creative ways to drink more.)
- Start a gratitude journal and list 5 things you are thankful for daily.
- Declutter the spaces where you spend the most time.
- Read a book.
- Make getting 8 hours of sleep each night a priority.
- Exercise daily, even if it’s just a 20-minute walk.
- Clean out your closet and keep only the clothing that fits and makes you feel good.
- Try a new activity.
- Practice yoga, or deep breathing.
- Take a hike on a new trail and track mileage in a wellness journal.
- Do a random act of kindness.
- Make a vision board for the year.
- Plan an outing with a friend.
- Head out to do some stargazing.
- Write down some inspiring quotes to hang on your bathroom mirror.
- Watch the sunrise or sunset.
- Create a healthy meal plan for the month (and make sure to chew slowly for better digestion).
- Spend some time near water.
- Take a break from social media – for a day, a week, or the entire month!
- Disconnect from technology one hour before bed.
- Spend a day in nature.
- Clean out your inbox and desk space.
- Print photos and put them into an album.
- Watch a comedy and laugh!
- Take a long, relaxing bath.
- Brainstorm and schedule services to use to make your life easier. (Get your house cleaned, arrange grocery pick-up, or get your vehicle detailed).
- Call a friend or relative you haven’t spoken with in a while.
- Take time to do something creative, such as taking an art class.
- Listen to an inspirational podcast.
- Schedule doctor appointments and preventative screenings to take care of your body.
We think the last one is the most important! If you haven’t scheduled a colonoscopy and are over the age of 45, it’s time to call us to schedule a visit.
Visit us today
No one looks forward to colon cancer screenings, but they are an essential part of preventive self-care. If you’ve been avoiding getting screened, don’t put it off any longer. A colon cancer screening is one of the most important gifts you can give your family – and yourself.
Visit Gastrointestinal Specialists, P.C. in Troy, Michigan, to set-up an appointment today.